Sunday, October 5, 2014

You are NOT a reflection of the scale!

Here is a picture from this afternoon.  I normally do not weigh myself.  The scale lies and here is proof!
This is my 3 1/2 year old son and I. He had got on the scale (he loves seeing the numbers light up!) He got on and I turned to praise him because, "he did it!"  Then I told him to put it away.  He moved it about 8 inches across the floor and got back on.  It was off by almost 2 lbs!  What is the sorcery?  I made him do both again, then I tried it.  Sure enough!  Just a different spot on the bathroom floor made that big of a difference.  I know my real weight, your true real weight is first thing in the morning, butt naked, after you have gone to the bathroom.  So even this is off because I had all my water in already and ate a meal.  See, scales are tricky like that!  (yea, please don't mind my feet, they are amazon, I am 5'11"-huge feet and no time to do pedicures with 4 kiddos!) 
The point of this post is that, THE SCALE IS NOT A REFLECTION OF YOU!
Like I really gained almost 3 lbs in the course of 3 seconds?  NO!  It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound.  You are always burning some calories, even at a stand still.  So if you are working to lose weight, soooo many things can come into play!  Water weight, time of day, clothing, where your scale is!  Always take measurements!  Measurements don't lie!  Take before picture's, they don't lie!  Trust in the way your clothes feel, they feel looser for a reason!  The scale....not so much!  It can be mentally exhausting thinking about your weight-the actual number.  So many people focus on that number.  WHY?  Media says you are in good shape if you have a low BMI.  It shows photo shopped pictures of girls who probably don't work out as much as you think as the image to be desired.  NOPE!  Models get paid big bucks to look like that and I know from experience that it is miserable!  I feel good in my own skin, I don't get paid a dime for that in actual money, but in my overall life, it is priceless!
Do I know what I weigh?  Yea, here and there I check in.  I don’t care how much I weigh the scale does not define me!  What matters is how I feel and how it effects my life and the life of my children.
The scale is pretty much meaningless.  If you are looking to feel good and be the best possible version of yourself you can be, you don't need a scale.  I have found it causes me more harm than good.  I know.  I went through a time (many years) where I relied on the scale!  I was on it more than once a day and it ruined my day if I didn't see what I wanted.  This turned ugly.  Negative energy attracts negative.  "When it rains it pours."  Yes, when you are in the process of dealing with bad news you reflect bad energy, it then reflects back on you.  Bad things are attracted to you because your subconscious mind allows it and gravitates it to you!
I came to a point where it was running my life and it needed to stop.  I am not what the scale says, it's a machine that spews out numbers based on many different variables.  I stopped.  I maybe weigh in once a month now.  I cannot express to you the freedom I feel!  
I am not a number, you are not a number!  Believe this and you will go so much farther than you ever imagined!  Feel good about YOU!  Just you.  YOU are the only one that matters when it comes to your health.  Define yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment